Love writing code? Want to help others? Join Ada Developers Academy to help women prepare for software development careers. Ada Developers Academy is seeking instructors to teach our 24-week intensive programming training course.
- Create and grade daily lesson plans, assignments, and projects.
- Prepare for and communicate with guest speakers and instructors.
- Work one-on-one with students with technical assistance and mentoring.
- Lead class, giving a presentation for approximately three hours per day.
- Maintain audio visual equipment and record daily instruction.
- Work with volunteer mentors to maximize student learning.
- Coordinate with other instructors to ensure consistency and flow.
As an instructor at Ada Developers Academy, you should be passionate about teaching and excited to take part in directly addressing the gender imbalance in software. You should have a track record of technical speaking and/or teaching (conference talks, etc.) You should be comfortable and confident in your language(s) of choice.
Flexible based on the course plan and your availability. Classes start September 2nd, 2014.
Interested? Email email@example.com/ with your resume and supplemental links (GitHub, videos of talks, etc.)